YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A WRITER OR ARTIST

This grant is a work in progress and I've realized I was wrong to ask for just artists and writers to submit their ideas. I want YOUR idea. You don't need to be a writer or artist to jot down what YOU think makes Juneau County a special place.
This morning I drove to a beautiful spot to walk my dog. The snow was falling on a old barn, three horses came up to the fence to greet me. It was incredibly charming. A man stopped to say "Hi, I'm your new neighbor- just bought the home down the road." We chatted while I explained that I was not from the direct neighborhood and talked about the beauty of the morning and area. He said, "every time I crossed the Wisconsin border, I felt like I was home. And now I am."
Afterwards, I thought, 'that's it' - Juneau County is like being home!' It's comfortable. It's safe. It's deep-down beautiful. That's when I realized it doesn't take a writer to talk about what's meaningful to us all. I want this mural to be a true reflection of what we all feel. So let me know what you think makes the area special, please. E-mail me your thoughts at dldahl@mchsi.com